I have been busy so I haven't been able to keep up with my blog. Here is a brief description of some of the videos of Taari's runs and our contact training.
April 24 2009
This was our first time at a new trial location - Ratpack in Orangeville. This run had some good parts and there are some things that I need to work on. To name a few - start line stays, speaking while she is over a bar, her reaction to clapping, faster catch at the end of the run. I believe that certain sounds cause her to drop a bar. She may also drop a bar when she is racing me.
May 2 2009
First I did some box work on the ground. I lowered the posts on the dogwalk about 3 inches and Taari was still successful. She wasn't successful without the posts though. I also tried the TnT at the end of the teeter. This seemed to help with Taari's confidence and she wasn't looking at me. At the end I did a couple of A-frames with the box - mostly to see what her A-frame currently looks like a roughly full height.
May 16 2009
We did some box work on the ground to start of with. We worked on the teeter both with the TnT right at the teeter and a distance away from it. I put the box on the A-frame as well. The A-frame is close to full height. She is successfully getting in the box but not striding over the A-frame well. I worked 18 weaves with Taari both with and without the TnT as a distraction. Taari popped out of the polls early in a trial.
May 18 2008
Since I was training with a friend I was able to lower the A-frame. It was good to see what Taari would do when it was lowered but the next time she tried a full height A-frame she had problems. I am not sure at this point that a lower A-frame is helping Taari with her striding.
Current status
The dogwalk is progressing nicely as I lower the posts. Without the posts Taari is jumping and I haven't gone back and tried no posts recently.
Taari is able to get into the box when it is on the A-frame most of the time. Her striding over the A-frame apex isn't what I am looking for as she is coming down on her front feet for few steps before taking a longer stride.
Taari has gained more confidence on the teeter with the TreatNTrain at the end of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment