Last weekend Taari got her 4th jumpers Q for her Masters Jumpers Dog of Canada (MJDC) title at the K9 Klubhouse trial in Pickering. It was a fantastic run. She was 14 seconds under time and the fastest dog in the whole class. The second fastest dog was a BC and was 2.5 seconds slower. I would have liked to have had that run on video. Taari also had a really smooth Steeplechase run and was 18 seconds under time. She ran by a jump though and missed her A-frame contact. On the weekend I discovered that at times I didn't have enough energy to be where I should be for her. I haven't been keeping up with my physical training (cardio and run faster exercises) over the summer because I have been busy.
This weekend at Spot On Taari had a great Advanced Snookers run. I avoided the teeter since she is not quite ready for the teeter as I discovered in earlier runs. We were able to Q with three sets of weaves in the opening (7 point obstacle). She also Qed in Steeplecase and the run can be seen here.
I am wearing my new agility jacket from Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It was really warm especially with the wind on Sunday. More about the agility jacket in another post.
This weekend I noticed that Taari was refusing tunnels - especially when I rear crossed them. This is something that I have been working on but apparently I haven't been keeping up the maintenance that is currently needed.
So as well as making sure I keep in shape I also need to maintain some of Taari's skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment