Saturday, 19 December 2009

Introducing Nessa



I am happy to announce a new addition to the family - Nessa. Her registered name will be Plail's Nessa at Alhena. I picked her up from her breeder, Nina Plail, on Tuesday in Florida. Her father is the very handsome Maverick and her mother is the beautiful Yin. Both parents are fabulous athletes with agility and herding titles. Yin's friendliness reminds me much of my Angel (Taari's mom).




Nessa chose me in a way. When the puppies were let outside for me to see them, all the other puppies were playing with each other except for Nessa, she was saying hello to me with her tail wagging.


It was heart breaking when we drove away from her breeder's place as she cried. But she adjusted well and here is a photo of her snuggling up to me while taking a nap at the hotel a couple hours later.



She is very flashy in her markings.




She has such a pretty face.



At first Taari wasn't thrilled with the puppy (perhaps an understatement) but within an hour the puppy was sleeping on me and Taari was curled up next to me. They are getting along much better than I had expected. I was hopeful that Taari would come around eventually but she has surprised me by how quickly it is happening. Taari was trying to play tug with Nessa today (with me holding the tug in the middle). I just need to figure out how to get Taari to be more gentle.



Here is a video of Nessa and Taari playing with the stuffed sheltie.

No comments: