Tuesday, 7 October 2008
Spice gets his Silver Award of Merit
On Sunday I ran Spice at the K9 Klubhouse trial in Pickering Ontario. Earlier in the day I wasn't sure how he was feeling. He wasn't perky but perhaps I had just woken him up. I walked him around and warmed him. Getting out his "magic" frisbee out always get him excited. The frisbee has a food pouch. When I threw it for him the first time he didn't run after it but after the first time he was enthusiastic about it.
While I was waiting ringside and playing with him (with the frisbee) he did a play bow and barked at me. He has never done this before - at least not that I remember and definitely not ringside. That made me happy - he was definitely feeling pretty good. He wasn't showing any signs of stress. This used to be a problem and mostly likely a large contributor to how slow he ran sometime. I know that I was a major cause of his stress. This was his second last try at getting his Silver as there is only one more trial after this one. I was a bit worried that I might cause him stress again. Well I obviously wasn't. I think that in the back of my mind I was thinking it would be nice to get his Silver but really he doesn't care so I just want him to have fun and it was great that he was feeling so much better let alone able to compete again.
I had only walked the course for Taari who I ran first. I thought that I would have plenty of time to decide how to run it for Spice since Taari was one of the first dogs and Spice was the last dog. I also thought that I could think on the fly with him as he isn't as fast as Taari. Here is the video of his run. There is one spot where I was out of position. Spice Qed and his speed was 3.79 yds/sec. This is his 5th fastest Jumpers run ever (out of about 64 jumper runs).
A big thank you to everyone who helped with Spice's recovery, our trainers, family and friends for your support. If it wasn't for the excellent care he received from his surgeon, veterinarian, chiropractor and massage therapist he would not be feeling as good as he does now. Getting his Silver is just icing on the cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment