On Sunday we went to the Spot On trial. It was cool in the morning but otherwise not too bad weather wise. Taari's jumpers run was fast and had some good parts. We have some things to work on (start line stays) and I need to make sure she is with me coming out of tunnels. I am retraining her contacts so we are only doing jumpers runs at trials right now.
Spice had good visits with his dog and human friends. He was moving really well while walking at the trial. I was walking him pretty slowly so I think that people thought he was really old. No obvious signs of limping. Andrea gave him a massage. That was the main reason for bringing him to the trial.
I had a good visit too with my friends and stayed longer than I had intended. Unfortunately it was pouring rain by the time I left. I was glad not to be running in it.
I did some more reading about stem cell therapy and found that they need about 2 tablespoons of fat (see Vet-Stem website). I am not sure how easy it would be to find that much fat on Spice. I keep him pretty slim.
On Monday I noticed Spice limping a bit more when he went for his walks. It is too bad he doesn't like to walk on the grass. He prefers the sidewalks which is probably harder on him.
Today (Tuesday) he seemed worse (head bob and limping when walking) in the morning and got better later on (less limping). We started going for longer walks since it has been two weeks since his surgery. He seems to want to go fast on the walks and I am slowing him down. I am still massaging his leg 2-3 times a day and I have been icing it as well.
Spice does seem to be more lively which is a good sign. He is still spending the day in an X-pen when we are at work and no stairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment