Saturday, 30 August 2008

Spice is jumping

Today at the Spot On match I tried running Spice at 6" for the first time. This is the height I will run him at when he competes again as veterans are allowed to drop two height categories. First I tried him out on a short course with a tire, jumps and tunnels. Then later I decided to make the course a bit longer (18 obstacles). He ran really well. Spectators thought he looked happy. He showed no signs of limping when he was running. He was limping very slightly on the grass. I think that he may be cautious on grass as I have noticed that his limp is worse when he is walking on grass. I think that he still has the muscle memory of limping.

I have noticed that since I started running with him that he is improving. Less of a limp and he is distributing his weight more evenly.

Also on Tuesday of this week Spice went to the chiropractor and the ophthalmologist. His cataracts are slightly worse. I think that he should have no problems with jumps, tires, chutes and tunnels. We haven't tried a chute yet but the rest he is doing well.

No comments: