Saturday, 14 March 2009

Progress report on Running Contacts

Last weekend was house league so I didn't get to practice during my regular Saturday time. In my regular Monday class I am still just using the hoops. This week I did some more box work in my basement.

Today I had my regular practice at the dome. Brigs and Spider were also there and I find that Taari is more distracted and we don't get as much done as when we are on our own.

I did some dogwalk box work on the ground and then put the box on the dogwalk. Taari was avoiding the box on the dogwalk and jumping off the side. I was putting her on the dogwalk down ramp (i.e. not having her do the whole thing). This is somewhat strange since she did so well the first day when we had the dome to ourselves. So I got a table and removed the plank from the dogwalk and put in on the table. She did the box well with this setup. The table was the height we use for large dogs - 22" so the incline wasn't as steep as the regular dogwalk.

I worked with one jump and the A-frame box on the ground. Taari did well and seemed to be only doing one hit between the box and jump. I am not positive since I didn't video tape the session.

I am looking forward to being able to work outside.

No comments: