Yesterday I tried the box on a low A-frame (around 4 ft). My box is a bit smaller than the yellow area but I don't really want Taari to hit the top of the yellow zone (before the first slat). Taari did well when I put her on the A-frame. She didn't come back to me promptly as I don't think that she likes being picked up and put on equipment. I also have this problem with the dogwalk. So as soon as it looked like she was ready I had her do the whole A-frame. I was hoping that she would be able to do only one hit on the downside of the A-frame before the box/yellow zone. At one point I tried a stride regulator to see if that would help but it didn't. Perhaps they are not the right shape or I don't have them in the right spot. It may also require further training with the stride regulators to get Taari to stretch out more (gradually moving the stride regulator down). I will have to think about this some more.
After doing the box A-frame I decided to go back to doing the box on the ground. I was quite pleased that Taari seemed to be doing one hit on the ground. I don't have a good enough eye yet as when I looked at the video I missed Taari twice only getting one of her front feet in the box and more obviously there were two times when she hit the box. She seems to be taking off too early over the jump.
A couple of other things that I noticed after watching my video and reviewing the Reliable Running A-frames DVD again was that I am forgetting to give the box a cue and I am late or the Treat N Train isn't responding right away when I "click".
Here is the video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment