I have what used to be a ramp board from a dogwalk. It is now two boards - a 5 ft board with the yellow zone (lost a foot due to the wood rotting) and a 6 ft board. My basement isn't very big and is fairly cluttered but I managed to make a mini dogwalk contact trainer out of them. I can't wait until we can work outside. Hopefully the snow will melt this weekend.
I experimented with and without the box on it. Taari doesn't have the same speed she usually has on a real dogwalk. There were times when she was fairly excited and faster. She had no problems getting the contact zone either with or without the box.
Earlier in the week I used the long board as the down ramp board but Thursday night I used the short board with the yellow zone. I started with it low and then found some blocks and books so I could raise it up.
Taari was definitely having fun and Spice did too the other night. Spice did quite well considering his 13th birthday is coming up. I should have taped him. Tonight I only had Taari working on the boards. Spice just got to run back and forth in the basement.
Here is the video. Watch for the part where the Manners Minder starts making a funny sound - one that Taari doesn't like. I thought that it was quite funny but Taari apparently didn't. Luckily when Manners Minder stopped making that noise Taari was fine with the it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment